Monday, December 29, 2008

My painting XLIV

As at 23.12.08

Here as promised to myself (on target, on time though decidedly not under budget), at the end of 2008, is the first complete working of my picture. It stands like a newspaper chess problem awaiting some crucial endgame strategy. Like the Good News President I have to be black as well as white and make all the moves. So my new year's resolution is resolution itself: farewell to faintheartedness; dithering adieu.

Happy New Year to my shadow readers and as Yogi Berra said, if you see a fork in the road ahead, take it. Watch this space; things may proceed quite quickly as of now.

1 comment:

Mike C. said...

Happy New Year to you from out here in the shades and to everyone at the Studio, too!

I see no fork, but did nearly trip over a spade yesterday; I didn't take it, but I did move it.

I'm watching the prestidigitation very carefully. I can't tell you how strange it will be, if I ever see this painting on a wall in a gallery one day.